Earthtongue 1.2.2 QOL Update
Hey! It's certainly been a while, hasn't it? I came back to earthtongue in order to fix a bug and add in some QOL hotkeys, but ended up doing a few other things as well. Here they are:
- Upgraded to newer version of Unity
- Improved performance
- The game automatically autosaves every 500 time units.
- Hotkeys are now connected to the speed and pause menu in a way standard to most games like this. Spacebar will pause, and 1/2/3 number keys affect the speed.
- When nutrient exceeds the Nutrient Cap of the world (ie: too much of it locked in the soil and not making it back to the sky and the nutrient rain ceases), the text display of it now turns red to better inform the player of this.
- Spiderwebs no longer display at 100% opacity at full health, and are slightly grayer than pure white. I believe this makes them much less visually noisy and obstructive.
Feature and Rebalance:
- Species no longer randomly immigrate if your world has a biodiversity greater than 10, resulting in more stable worlds that are in a state of flourishing.
- Rhino Beetle and Roach have had a beneficial evolution and now use "grazer" behavior, meaning that they will never consume fungus that is below them. This makes them much less likely to overconsume fungi (and makes large fruiting bodies, like the mushrooms, a more appealing treat for them) and bring out mold extinction. Other herbivores still retain their destructive diet habits.
- Tiles are now able to hold a bit more nutrient.
- Journal Entries 10 and 11 are no longer erroneously the same.
I've also added a new legacy build to the betas tab, if youd rather play without these recent changes.
Finally I'd like to take a moment to say that I'm planning on a more significant (read: not just QOL) content patch to release within the next 6 months. I'll post details on what it planned in it on a later date
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.